JOY TO THE WORLD!…The LORD is come, Let earth receive her king!
The apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5:11-23 also urges us to encourage one another and build one another up as we see the day approaching. He also encourages us to:-
- Respect ministers who labour among you and esteem them highly in love;
- Be at peace among yourselves, encouraging the weak and discouraged in patience;
- Always seeking to do good to one another & to all people, without repaying anyone evil for evil;
- Always be joyful – (let’s share the joy of God’s mercy, the forgiveness of sins, eternal life in knowing Jesus with friends & family this Christmas and in 2017)
- Never stop praying – (pray for compassion & a passion to tell everyone about the good news that Jesus forgives our sins & brings eternal life)
- Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. (Let’s give thanks to God for his manifold blessings, our family & brothers and sisters in Christ)
- Do not stifle the Holy Spirit (Let’s unite in prayer on Friday, December 30 to pray that we will walk in wisdom, revelation & obedience to the Spirit and that as a church we will have the fire of the Holy Spirit)
- Do not scoff at prophecies, but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. (Pray with earnest by waging warfare with the prophecies spoken over ICC, the leaders and our lives);
- Stay away from every kind of evil. (Pray we will not be lead into temptation by the desires within us to do things our own way, let us submit to God)
- [Finally, let’s pray] that the God of peace will make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.
As 2016 draws to a close, we would like to take a moment to thank you for your partnership in ICC. Each week your support helps us to minister to over 500 men, women and children, where we are seeing disciples being made and people come to Christ. This year we had 29 water baptisms, many baptisms in the Holy Spirit and over 80 decisions to accept & dedicate their lives to Jesus Christ.
Two weeks ago we collected over $10,000 in our Christmas thanksgiving missions offering which has enabled us to support missions work in: –
- Ivory Coast – Ps Jacques Kamdem, who is conducting discipleship programs & crusades,
- Nepal – through Ps Rinzi Lama’s Childrens’ Christmas outreach program;
- India – Phileo Youth Mission – led by James Alexander who will be doing Christmas outreaches in their tuition centres.
We will also be stepping up our plans to prepare for an ICC Southside campus by inviting people to join a prayer & launch team early next year. Let’s continue to pray for this as well as for an increase in thediscipleship culture in all the ministries of ICC and the IMPACT marketplace outreach work in Penang being developed by Ps David & Jeannie.
Thank you once again for partnering with ICC extend His Kingdom both locally & internationally. I pray you experience God’s richest blessings in the coming year, and that you and your family have a blessed, safe, restful and JOYFUL Christmas.
Yours in Christ,
Ps Jonathan & the ICC Ministry Team
Pictures below from Phileo Youth Mission, India
Free tuition centre – great opportunity to share the love of God & the Gospel with the villagers
Helping the helpless project – concentrates on the health of children who are semi-orphan and orphan, who are also under weight or malnourished due to HIV or their family struggles – providing them with nutritious food items and sharing the gospel with them.
Free Tailoring School in Kavanur Village – a way for families to slowly start earning money and providing for their families and also an opportunity to share the gospel with the people and helping them grow in faith.